Thursday 19 May 2016

Frankly Fashion: Harness Love


Hello!

If you follow me on Twitter and Instagram, and if not sort it out, you will noticed that I am currently having a bit of a love affair. A special kind of moment with a wonderful accessory. 

Yes I have fallen in love with a harness. Not the kind you put on a horse but the kind you put on human body so you can look beyond fierce. 
At first you may think, "is that not a bondage look?" and yeah I guess it is but you don't need to keep it stuck in the bedroom. A body harness adds such a fun little edge to any outfit.

I have been lusting after one for quite a while and when I finally got introduced to one at Ultimo's Bloggers Styling Challenge, I knew it was meant to be.

Straight after the event I headed to ASOS and ordered my very own Ultimo body harness. I did have a moment where I questioned if I would ever actually wear it or would it end up in a pile of my bedroom for bad choices, e.g pink pvc style skirt... 

However my fears were gone as soon as it arrived. After getting tangled a few times, I finally got the knack on how to put it on. Luckily the Ultimo one is pretty darn simple unlike some of the more intense ones you may have seen on celebrities. 



When it comes to wearing a harness, well you can pretty much wear them with anything. From over a simple t-shirt for the day or under an edgy crop top for night time. I've so far worn it to dress up a simple black dress to going full on out there with a full skirt (aka the photoshoot for I Dream Of Shapes




So are you feeling the harness love? Well I have put together some of my favourites that I have found online and of course my very own one is in the list:


Love Rocks Midnight Body Harness - £10


Malice Tarnish Body Harness - £85

Johnny Loves Rosie Body Harness - £28.00

ASOS Double Strap Body Harness - £8.00

Black & Brown Leather Body Harness with Back Ring Detail and Waist Belt - £55.00

Ultimo Harness - £20.00

So will you be joining Team Harness or is this look just not for you? 


Till the next time!


X

7 comments:

  1. You look fabulous, I'm adoring your picks and now I'm going to end up buying at least one, I do like the Ultimo one. Sexy.

    This reminds me I've got a harness in my drawer since last year and have yet to even wear it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you.

      Oh you must bring that bad boy out. They are so fun to wear!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I've never really bothered with body harnesses as they don't really appeal to me. Some people really do like them though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they seem to be like marmite when it comes to fashion!

      xx

      Delete
  3. It looks good on you, but I think I will leave the harnesses alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!

      I am sure you could rock it :)

      Delete
  4. that jewelled one looks so pretty! I'm really tempted to get one just to try it out

    ReplyDelete