Wednesday 11 May 2016

Flamingosaurus Rex X I Dream Of Shapes



Hello!

In my last post I talked about putting my *cough* modelling skills to work with Ultimo. A week later I was somehow back in front of the camera again. This time it was all for a fantastic new shop, Flamingosaurus Rex, which is having it's big launch night on Friday the 13th. 

To help kick off the launch a few of us bloggers got together to model some amazing clothes which have been designed by I Dream Of Shapes which will be sold in the new art & design studio. 
First up, I personally cannot wait for the big launch night for Flamingosaurus Rex. I am a little biased seeing this store is actually my dear friend Lucie's but also because it is such a great concept. As well as selling amazing work by independent designers, the shop is also doubling up as workshop space for creators!

I Dream Of Shapes is just one of the amazing brands that will be featured and sold in the new store. I recently got to meet the mother/daughter duo behind I Dream Of Shapes and they are both just such passionate people, which you can see in throughout their collection. 

So on a fairly sunny Thursday evening a group of us bloggers popped along to Lucie's flat to help showcase these amazing clothes. 



We all had a good browse at the rail and given the chance to pick out what we wanted to wear. From beautiful tailored high waisted trousers to beautiful full skirts, there was pretty much a piece on the rail to suit everyone.

After sadly realising said high waisted trousers would not fit over my glorious backside, the beautiful orange sunburst with a hint of hot pink full skirt was calling my name. 





Top: I Dream Of Shapes
Skirt: I Dream Of Shapes
Boots: DUO (Now Ted & Muffy)
Harness: Ultimo 
Sunglasses: Primark


To say I fell in love with this skirt is an understatement. It fit like a glove around my waist and the way it changed colours in the light was just glorious. Seriously hop onto my Instagram and check out the video of me twirling in it. It is beyond gorgeous.

I decided to style it up in my own special way. Instead of wearing a normal top, I decided to just tip up this amazing hooded vest and let my harness do the talking on top. I felt like a Sc-Fi villain and I loved every minute of it. 

Even if I did get a lot of Darth Emily comments..... 



It was such a fun filled evening and everyone looked rather amazing don't you think? I can't wait for Flamingosaurus Rex to open up it's doors this Friday and I may even attempt to get my hands on that stunning full skirt. 

Make sure you check out everyone who was involved in this amazing shoot and pop along to the new shop in Bruntsfield after Friday the 13th!


Models: 

Photographer: James Keyte

Studio: @theflamingosaur (Twitter) & @flamingosaurusrex (Instagram)

Designer: @i_dream_of_shapes (Instagram)



Till the next time!


X

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thank you, it is such a beautiful skirt. The material is amazing!

      x

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, the skirt is so nice! I love the hooded top too, it's really unusual that it's sleeveless and I think it's a cute touch. I'm excited to go and check out Flamingosaurus Rex soon and see the clothes irl xx

    Jessthetics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely!

      Oh you must, the shop is fabulous!

      x

      Delete