Tuesday 31 May 2016

#SummerOfMatcha: Matcha Coconut Latte Recipe


Hello!

Summer is almost upon as, can you believe?! This year is flying by and I can't quite keep up with it. With the sun staring to rear it's beautiful head, it was the perfect time to get my my head into summer mind frame.

EatCleanTea are currently running a really fun competition for bloggers surrounding matcha tea. If you aren't aware of what matcha is then you really must jump on this trend asap. As well as being incredibly versatile, this traditional Chinese and Japanese powder is pretty darn healthy too.

#SummerOfMatcha is EatCleanTea's current campaign to promote cutting down on sugar intake in our summer drinks. Us bloggers were challenged to create our very own matcha drink and share the recipe for you use if you fancy.

As soon as I heard about this competition I pestered my good friend and fellow blogger, Lucie, to take part with me (and to let me use her kitchen as mine is not very photogenic...) 

Since I am having a love affair with coconut, it felt only right to create a tasty and creamy Matcha Coconut Latte

So how did I make it you ask? Just follow this simple recipe: 



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unsweetend almond milk
  • 2 tsp matcha powder
  • 2 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 tsp Of vanilla extract
  • Handful of ice

Sugar Rim:
  • 1 heaped tbsp white granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp matcha
  • Lime juice

Method


1: Place all ingredients, minus the coconut milk, into a blender and blend till all smooth. No lumps allowed!

2: Pour the mixture into a glass. Clean blender and shove in the coconut milk. Blend till nice and creamy.

3: Mix matcha and sugar on a plate. Rub the rim of the glasses with lime juice and press it gently into the mixture till the whole rim is covered.

4: Transfer matcha mixture into the sugar rimmed glasses.

5: Pour your creamy coconut mixture over the matcha and stir before drinking.




So simple right? I will have to admit it was a little bit trial by error at first. There was also a moment when Lucie's Matcha Watermelon Smoothie went really well and I was left with a lumpy matcha mess, that was a bad time for everyone involved. 

Pretty sure that Lucie is going to just refuse letting me use her kitchen in the future after my matcha melt down... 

I must add that this recipe is really easy and simple, I am just clearly a little useless at making things. I am much better at eating or drinking.. but my second batch turned out beautifully. 

If you fancy a little cocktail twist, you could easily add a dash of rum to make the perfect BBQ party drink.


Hope you enjoy my Matcha Coconut Latte recipe and make sure you check out Lucie's if you are more of a Matcha Watermelon smoothie person. It tasted incredible I might add! 

Big thanks to EatCleanTea for the *matcha powder and giving us the bloggers the chance to experiment! 

Till the next time!


X



*EatCleanTea provided me with a free sample of their Matcha Green Tea Powder for this blog post. All views are my own though. 

9 comments:

  1. A coconut latte sounds incredible! Matcha seems to take a while to get used to, you're not the only one who had a meltdown when using it lol!

    hrbx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a matcha meltdown!

      Emily x

      Delete
  2. That sounds absolutely incredible! I love coconut and lattes but I am yet to try Matcha powder!

    www.acornlifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to give it a try. It takes some getting used to but gives you such a buzz!

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. Good idea although i might switch coconut with something else but i still keep the idea though ;)

    xxx
    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, there are so many awesome matcha latte recipes out there :)

      Emily x

      Delete
  4. Ooo this does sound lovely! I tend to put vanilla in my match anyway just to round it off. I've had a few lumpy matcha mishaps in my time so I try to add a bit off sweetness and hope for the best haha!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah this recipe sounds amazing! I've just created my recipe and didn't think to go latte style.

    Love LC xx

    Luckypretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck.
    matcha latte

    ReplyDelete