Friday 27 May 2016

Frankly Fears: Favourite Scary Stories


Hello!

I would never describe myself as a thrill seeker. I've never been a ran of roller-coasters, the thought of bungy jumping gives me the fear and don't even get me started on heights in general. The thought of anything that could potentially cause me harm does not appeal to me.

Weirdly though, I do enjoy the rush of being scared. Not when it comes to heights or bugs, but reading creepy stories. I've spent many a time hunting through stories on NoSleep and CreepyPasta. All in the hunt for that one story which will scare the living daylights out of me. I've found a few that I've loved so much, so why not share them with you?

Warning: I am talking about scary stories. If you don't like horror, click away. You have been warned. 


The Harbinger Experiment 



Looking back I think this was one of the first stories that really stuck with me. Even the name of this story sends shivers up my skin: Harbinger (which is another word for an omen or a sign). 

I don't want to give too much away so briefly this is one man's account of a horrifying and demonic experiment he takes part it. The song mentioned several times in the story now gives me the fear..





This NoSleep tale is by an author who won Scariest Story 2015 and you can see why when you read through their submissions. 

Room 733 is a fairly long read but totally worth it for that twist at the end. It is gripping and just makes me glad that I never went to uni and had to live in dorms... 





This quite a famous CreepyPasta and it is easy to see why. Who doesn't love the cuteness and fun of Disney? Imagine if those family fun theme parks actually had a sinister side? 

Following the tale of one urban explorer, he finds himself in a long abandoned Disney theme park. What starts of as an interesting trip, quickly turns into a full blown horror.





A lot of the NoSleep stories tend to be set in America so it is always exciting to me when I find one that is about the UK. Inaaace is a great writer on the Reddit website and this one has to be my favourite. 

Set in two parts, it may not actually really scare you but if you imagine what they are describing then it puts some disturbing as hell images into your head. 





I actually don't find this CreepyPasta that scary but how do I love to read it again from time to time. It is just so completley and utterly bizzare, especially when you think about if it was real.

Unlike the other stories featured, Candle Cove is set out like a forum. The users are all talking about this kid's show they watched when they were younger. What starts of as an innocent conversation takes a turn for the worst.





First up, this is an insane story. It has loads of different parts and have been going on for 4 years now. So if you don't mind getting hooked and investing a bit of time, give Correspondence a go.

It's not for everyone I must add. It's grim, gory and the language used at times is not for the faint of heart. Correspondence is gripping especially when you look at the comments under each story. 



Let me know if you have read any of these before or are planning to? 


Till the next time!


X

2 comments:

  1. These sound really interesting, but admittedly I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to horror stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read scary stories, I just wouldn't sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete