Tuesday 16 February 2016

Galentine's Day: Part One



 Happy belated Valentine's/Galentine's Day!

It was the time of the year again, when the shops are jam packed full of love hearts and slightly soppy cards. Love was in the air. Honestly, I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. It's not like I hate it but I generally can't really be that bothered with it all. I think a lot of us get ourselves in such a tizz over one day. If you are single, you may feel lonely and if you are in a relationship, you may feel under pressure.

So why not spend it with all the people you love? Could be your partner or it could be your lovely friends. 

I ended up having two Galentine's days out, so here is part one, featuring Wardrobe Conversations!
The ladies invited me along on a snowy and cold day in Edinburgh to be their Galentine's date. Helen and Kim are two of my all time favourite bloggers, so I was over the moon to join them in a little photo shoot.

The weather outside was indeed quite frightful but we headed into the gardens with our love heart balloons and homemade Galentine's Cards. 

Our photographer was the incredibly lovely and talented, Boya Shen. I'm pretty awkward when it comes to photo shoot, as probably can be seen by most of my pictures throughout this blog, but this was one of the most enjoyable shoot's I've done. Yes by the end of it my fingers felt like they would never move again and my face had been whipped several times by my hair but being around such a talented and friendly women made it all so much better. 





 Cardigan - Charity Shop
Top - H&M
Trousers - New Look 
Boots - New Look
Jewellery - Primark 


Now don't get me wrong, I love it when Sam agrees to take my outfit photos, even though I know deep down he hates it, but it was nice getting amazing shots like this done by Boya Shen. It's given me some tips to pass down to my unofficial photographer...

Since it was Valentine's/Galentine's, it only felt right to wear a little bit of red and I adore this 80s vintage number that I found in a charity shop. It's like a cross between a lion tamer and an 80s power bitch -  Dynasty meets the Circus. 

Keeping with that almost 80s vibe I had going on, I shoved my tacky gold jewellery, including my favourite skeleton hands necklace. I had to get a bit of goth in there something.  



After taking our outfit pictures in the comfort of inside a little shelter, it was time to brave the scary Scottish weather. By this point, all of us were freezing but like the top bloggers we are, we carried on and Boya got some really amazing shots.

So to wrap up, have a gander at some of the wonderful pictures from that day:








Check out my "amazing" drawing skills....


Massive thank you to the Helen, Kim and Boya for such a fantastic day!

Make sure you check out what these talented are up to with the links below

Boya Shen: Moveit


Let me know if you celebrated Galentine's Day or did you stick with Valentine's
Maybe both! 


Till the next time
X













































No comments:

Post a Comment