Friday 13 March 2015

Edinburgh Fashion Week: Day Two



Hello again!


If you read my last post, you will know all about how I attended the opening weekend of Edinburgh Fashion Week. To kick it all off, the Mound was the place to be. All set inside a massive marquee, it was full of pop up shops, bars and fashion shows, showcasing the best of Edinburgh. After an amazing day on the Saturday, I was incredibly excited to go back on the Sunday.



The first show of the day was all about key trends for the season hosted by John Lewis. Alas, due to misplacing my keys and getting stuck in traffic, I sadly missed it! One of the amazing Edinburgh Bloggers, Mairi managed to get some awesome snaps of the show which you should check out over on her blog: Copper Pink

After a morning of getting angry at road works and my own forgetfulness, I managed to make three of the shows that were featured during the day. George Street, Thistle Street and Grassmarket.
I really wanted to go to the Edinburgh College Of Art Show but alas it was a busy one! It looked amazing though.

I managed to get a couple of pictures from throughout the day. One thing I have learned from that weekend is that I really need to practise my photography. I'm still trying to get to grips with my bridge camera. If anyone fancies teaching me some tricks, I will buy you a cocktail or two!








One of the best parts of the whole weekend was the chance to hear and see brands that may have never came under my radar before. I will put my hands up and say that I can be such a sucker for the high street. Not that there is anything really wrong with that but it's good to branch out and find out about all the amazing local brands that are situated in your home town. I am going to make more of an effort in future to check out these amazing local shops!

Another brilliant part of the weekend was getting the chance to catch up with my favourite bloggers. We have such an amazing little group growing in Edinburgh and I just love getting to spend time with them all. I will always stand by that starting a blog really is a great way to make new friends. I can't wait to spend more time with these incredible, talented people! 





Of course I couldn't finish up my post without a little OOTD!




 Duster Coat: Primark
T Shirt: H&M
Trousers: New Look
Letter Necklace: Zara Taylor London
Cross Necklace: Primark
Bag: Primark
Boots: Duo 

I know, I know, an outfit that's not completely Primark. Shocking isn't it? 
I've never been very confident about my figure in the past. I'm still not completly in love with it but I am trying to shake myself out of the comfort zone of only wearing dresses and skirts. I've been wanting to wear trousers for ages but I was always convinced that it would highlight the parts of me that I don't really love. As soon as I found these bad boys in New Look, I knew it was meant to be. Finally a pair of trousers that were comfy but looked good!

I am really loving casual tailoring at the moment and it's a look I really want to take further in the future! 

I want to say a massive thank you to the amazing team behind This Is Edinburgh. I had one of the best weekends I have had in such a long time. I may have been knackered after it all and ended up with a nasty cold but it was worth it. 
As I said in my last post, this city is so inspiring and full of incredibly talented people and it's about time the rest of the world should see that!

Same time next year then yeah?


Till the next time!
X


































1 comment:

  1. Love your outfit Emily so striking, especially the trousers, you look great! Sounds like such a fun weekend. I was away so didn't manage to catch any of the shows, but there is always next year! Lianne x
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete