Sunday 8 March 2015

Edinburgh Fashion Week: Day One


Hello! 
Well what a weekend it has been.

Edinburgh Fashion Week has landed and I got the chance to go along for the launch day. I live in such a truly amazing, creative, inspiring and beautiful city and the team behind ThisIsEdinburgh have done a brilliant job at showcasing everything it has to offer.


Set in a marquee situated on The Mound, fashion lovers could come along, check out the pop up shops and watch shows featuring the latest trends for Spring/Summer.

My day started with a trip to Contini for breakfast and a catch up with my fellow bloggers and fashion lovers. After several cups of coffee and pastries, it was time to grab a Pickering's gin and check out the marquee.








The atmosphere inside really was just fantastic. From the amazing music, to the pop up shops featuring some of my favourite designers and brands. You could even grab some afternoon tea thanks to G&V Hotel.

On the first day I managed to catch three of the shows. Jenners/House Of Fraser, West End and Multrees Walk. I also got to see Laura Russell's (blogger and stylist at Satisfashion ) tutorial on SS15 trends. Which even featured some of my favourite Edinburgh based bloggers, Wardrobe Conversations, Love From Lou Lou and The Keenan One.











There was a lot of 70's inspired clothing on show, which I do love, but personally I am such a sucker for all things tailored right now. From monochrome coats to jumpsuit to pastel suits. Alas my 'catwalk' photography is not up to scratch but give me time!

Obviously with it being fashion week, I had to do a couple of OOTD style photos. It would have been wrong not to really:




 Coat: Primark
Mesh top: Primark
Crop top: Primark
Disco Pants: ....Primark
Bag: Primark (again)
Necklace: You guessed it.... Primark
Boots: Pri... Nope it's New Look!

Was I aware I was wearing so much Primark till now? Nope but hey ho!
I was a little nervous to wear this outfit in all fairness. I do love crop tops but I am still not completly confident in them. I found this silver sparkly mesh top in the sale section of Primark for £2! Bar-gain!
It is a little 'sports luxe' for me so naturally I had to 'goth' it up a little bit. Cross necklace, long black coat and berry lips. 
The tailored goth is still going strong. 
(Yes I am still trying to make that a thing)
Comfort is key with fashion week, it's a long day, so my trusty disco pants had to be the best choice. I seriously think I could just happily live in them forever.

So my first day at #EdFashionWeek was so much fun. I was so tired afterwards but it was really worth it. I'm so happy we have something like this in Edinburgh. It was about time we were put on the fashion map!
I will post about how day two went during the next couple of days, so stay tuned for that.

The shows for Edinburgh Fashion Week may be over but they have so much still going on during the week. Make sure you check out the website and get involved: www.thisisedinburgh.com

Let me know if you managed to make any of the shows over this weekend!

Till the next time!


X























3 comments:

  1. You are ROCKING that all black look! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I have been following your blog since you started and you have come so far already!

    Looks like you had an amazing weekend, outfit is on point!

    Decided to dig up my old wordpress and give blogging a go again. Check it out if you get a chance.

    www.eeebz.wordpress.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete