Monday 31 March 2014

Style In The City

Style In The City


Hello again you lovely people. Time for another little blog post and this one is a little different for me. So on Saturday, I got the chance to be invited to a fantastic event at House Of Fraser in Edinburgh. Some of you may have heard of the wonderful This Is Edinburgh campaign. Now this is something I am really supporting. This campaign is all about attracting people into our wonderful capital and showing what it has on offer and even showing us locals new things we may have not seen before.
I love this city and it is so nice that people are taking more notice of how unique it really is.
So, this event I was invited to, was basically a chance to hear all about the campaign and get to see some looks for this season. Plus some beautiful macaroons, lovely bloggers, bubbly and a cheeky little goodie bag. How could I say no? 


So onto Style In The City. This is a fantastic part of the campaign which is dedicating the months of March and April to all things fashion related and this is right up my street.
During this time, they have a few great things going on.
The first is the Dress Up Shops. So, let's say you've bought a lovely dress and you think "well what can I wear with this?", well all you need to do is pop into one of the three Dress Up Shops in town and the stylists there will show you how you style it up. Plus after that, you get your own little photoshoot with the finished look. Stylists and a photographer, you'll come away feeling like a celebrity I would think! 
One of the best things about this Dress Up Shops is that they will be featuring a whole load of stuff that you wouldn't normally find in shops like House Of Fraser. You have boutiques such as Arkangel & Felon, The Red Door Gallery to designers like LK Bennett and our favourite high street brands like, New Look and Laura Ashley. So it gives you the chance to be introduced to brands that you may never have heard of before.
These three shops will be in House Of Fraser, Supercube and the Grassmarket Community Project on the 5th, 12th and 19th of April. I highly recommend you check them out!


As well as having these Dress Up Shops, the lovely Laura Russel from Satisfashion, who also talked us through everything at the event, will be on the streets hunting out all you wonderful fashionable people. So you may get snapped and end up on the blog!

Another thing I learned about from this event, was the style maps. These are amazing and so so handy for us fashion loving people. So if you are more of a high street lover or someone who just lusts after boutiques, this handy little map will show you some of the best places to check out.

I totally recommend you check all this out and more details are on the This Is Edinburgh website: http://www.thisisedinburgh.org.uk//whats-on/style-in-the-city/

So lastly, I just want to say thank you to the lovely Fiona Dow from Sister's Don't Share who was the one who invited me to this event. I had such a lovely morning and it gave me the chance to meet other Edinburgh based bloggers which was lovely and they are all such babes!
I also got the chance to see and hear about shops that I had never visited before (i'm pretty sure my bank account isnt going to be too happy about that though!)

So thanks for reading, I hope you all get out and start exploring all the wonderful things on offer in Edinburgh. You would be mad not to!

Here are a couple of photos from the event:








Ta-ra for now

X

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a really good time! I'm from Edinburgh too! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete