Wednesday 12 March 2014

I'm no Derek Zoolander....

...But I recently did some modelling. 

 So some weeks back my lovely friend sent me a message asking if I would model for her and how could I say no!
Of course after saying yes, I was full of dread. I've never seen myself as a model, the closest I've ever done to that is helping out at a charity fashion show.  In real life I'm pretty shy and more or less awkward. So naturally I was already doubting myself.
Luckily, I pushed those silly thoughts of mine aside and last Friday got myself on the train to Glasgow for the shoot.

The shoot was pretty much "floral/hippy" based (a theme that I love) and was set in The Botanic Gardens. 

So there I was, sitting on a bench in the Glass House getting my hair and make up done by some lovely and very talented ladies.
Now for someone who is a little on the shy side of life, there really is nothing more daunting than looking up to find people walking by and staring at you. Then again, there is something kind of exciting about it. 

So anyway, here are some of the pictures from the shoot:


I absolutely love how they turned out. I'm going to be honest, I was worried. The girls did an amazing job on my look and the photographer was amazing but I did worry about how my silly wee face was going to look. Thank god for good makeup and photography I say!

So here is my life lesson for the day, when you get asked to do something that is exciting but nerve wracking, then you should always go for it! You never knew, you might love it. 

So much credit has to go to the lovely ladies that made me look like a fairly decent looking human being. You should check them out:

MUA: Melissa 
HAIR: Sheryl


Lastly, now I did say in my last post that I was going to talk about The Oscars. Well, that never happened. I've actually not been well the last few days, so I've spent most of my time feeling sorry for myself (as you do)
But this Sunday, I shall be going to Vintage Nation. So I'm sure I will be blogging about all the amazing things I see and buy from there.

So, let me know if you've ever done something that you were crazy nervous about but turned out to be a blast.

Till the next time you lovely people

X




7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous lady! :)
      It's strange for me to look at them a little, just not used to seeing a picture of me and not thinking "bloody hell, give me a filter stat!"

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! These pictures are gorgeous! Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog so I've decided to nominate you for the Liebster award :)

    http://edinburghstylejunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! You look amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great gurl! that outfit has a stevie nicks vibe to it, i'm loving it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! I had fleetwood mac songs stuck in my head during this shoot :) xx

      Delete